Thanks for your interest in YWAM Converge Network. We are a YWAM ministry location with a global vision for university student mobilization through the Converge internships platform.
Our Vision: Make a Difference in Your World!
Therefore, our mission is to connect interns to missional organizations.
To accomplish our mission, we connect with like-minded people, communicate the vision, and go as ambassadors for Christ into EVERY area of influence.
Our Staff Network
We have three tiers of ministry staff:
Roundtable of Managing Partners – We are a team of managing partners, each with a major area of ministry focus into arenas of society that make a difference. While our managing partners are working remotely on every continent, we meet periodically and communicate regularly to communicate, strategize, and fellowship.
Converge Network Circles – We accept staff who work with managing partners’ teams. Network staff are focused on ministry in the particular arena of society with their managing partner. While our ministry is not primarily a training center, network staff may conduct seminars, short-courses, or occasional residential schools at various locations around the world.
Converge Support – The Converge Support team, like any Converge Network Circle, will include YWAM staff members who work locally and/or remotely to serve the Converge program. The Converge Support team will include campus recruiters, host facilitators, translators, marketing specialists, and software developers.
JOINING THE YWAM CONVERGE STAFF NETWORK
YOU might be the right person to join the network. Do you want to find out? There are some very important requirements to join:
- The first requirement is to answer the call from Jesus. His call is all that matters. He calls us to follow him. It is a sacrifice, but there’s joy in the journey and even greater joy ahead.
No matter where you serve, do you know you are called?
- The second requirement is a big one. Our unique ministry strategy is to help a new generation of missionaries who will be witnesses for Christ in their sphere of influence.
No matter what you do, are you willing to serve outside the religious sphere?
- Third, candidates are required to:
- Satisfactorily complete the Discipleship Training School with a recommendation from DTS leader.
- Complete at least one year of college or vocational training.
- Commitment to reach a minimally agreed upon financial support level before joining the team. (Personal fundraising may be concurrent with the DTS and/or the Converge Staff-in-Training Course.)
- No matter how much want to serve with YWAM, be sure this is the YWAM team God has called you to join.
Converge Staff-in-Training Course
Qualified candidates for the YWAM Converge staff team will successfully complete the Converge Staff-in-Training Course, which includes the following:
1. Completion of a Unique Converge Internship Project:
We built Converge as a YWAM Initiative. Converge is an exciting new platform designed to make missions mobilization more open and connected. After years of development, that platform is available at https://ywamconverge.org.
Because Converge is a core program of this ministry, every YWAM Converge team candidate will do a unique Converge internship project to be completed before getting invited to join the team. Staff-in-Training may complete their Converge internship anywhere, including here in South Jersey, depending on their individual situation.
Converge internships are a great staff recruiting and training tool. That’s why we are using it. And that’s why we want every YWAM Converge team member to know all about Converge before they join the staff team.
So if you are interested in joining us and you meet the qualifications listed above, give us a call.
2. Meet regularly with YWAM Converge Directors, John &/or Mary Henry
This ministry is founded on the scripture from 2 Peter 1, which is also the foundation for YWAM’s University of the Nations. We will have formal and non-formal discussions, bible studies, and activities centered around 2 Peter 1:4-8, which is the foundational scripture for the University of the Nations. See Converge Values here.
3. Fundraising and Supplemental “Tent-Making” Personal Income.
Because this is a faith ministry committed to relationship-based support, all YWAM staff candidates are required to raise funds to meet a minimum personal budget before being accepted on the YWAM Converge staff team. That support may also be supplemented by a part-time job, however, full-time staff must commit at least 30 hours/week to YWAM. All staff applicants will be provided a budget template upon acceptance to the Staff-in-Training Course.
4. Positive Evaluation with a conditional invitation to Staff.
All YWAM Converge staff will be evaluated at the end of the 90-day Converge Staff-in-Training course. Every team member will meet with their managing partner every quarter to review goals and progress, with prayerful consideration about where God is leading you next.